Slander question

Asked 8 months ago - Carmel, CA

I was dating married man over a year and I was victim for financial and emotional scam by him (fraud) . I am writing a blog and I consider to warn other girls and woman that could be potential for scam by this man . ( I want to publish his name and picture so others can be careful )
Before all that I want to make sure that he can't sue me for slander (I publish the truth after all) .
My questions:
By California laws ....Is it legal to publish my story include his name and his picture?
Is there any action he can take against me ?
Any more information regards this case will be blessed .

1. Michael Charles Doland

8

Answered . I advise against saving the world and complete strangers. Truth is a defense. It doesn't mean you won't be sued. Winning a lawsuit can bankrupt you.

You don't want to pick at the scab. You want time to heal your injury and move on.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

7

Answered . Mr. Doland has given you a very sound response pertaining to the economic and legal issues. Let me weigh in on one additional point: what you are proposing to do is beneath your dignity. It will accomplish nothing for the benefit of you or anyone else and it will make you look weak and foolish, as if you are too broken to pick yourself up and move on with your life. I hope that isn't the case, but even if it is, that is a temporary disability. The internet is forever. Don't sell out your dignity on the internet where you will in years to come wish you had been a better trustee of your own pride and dignity. What you are thinking of doing isn't about him -- it's about you, and you deserve better and wiser than that.

Pro

6

Answered . Best bet is not not post anything, as you can still be sued.

4. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

2

Answered . This isn't worth it. Just move on.