Slander question

Carmel, CA |

I was dating married man over a year and I was victim for financial and emotional scam by him (fraud) . I am writing a blog and I consider to warn other girls and woman that could be potential for scam by this man . ( I want to publish his name and picture so others can be careful )
Before all that I want to make sure that he can't sue me for slander (I publish the truth after all) .
My questions:
By California laws ....Is it legal to publish my story include his name and his picture?
Is there any action he can take against me ?
Any more information regards this case will be blessed .

1. I advise against saving the world and complete strangers. Truth is a defense. It doesn't mean you won't be sued. Winning a lawsuit can bankrupt you.

You don't want to pick at the scab. You want time to heal your injury and move on.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. Mr. Doland has given you a very sound response pertaining to the economic and legal issues. Let me weigh in on one additional point: what you are proposing to do is beneath your dignity. It will accomplish nothing for the benefit of you or anyone else and it will make you look weak and foolish, as if you are too broken to pick yourself up and move on with your life. I hope that isn't the case, but even if it is, that is a temporary disability. The internet is forever. Don't sell out your dignity on the internet where you will in years to come wish you had been a better trustee of your own pride and dignity. What you are thinking of doing isn't about him -- it's about you, and you deserve better and wiser than that.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

3. Best bet is not not post anything, as you can still be sued.