Sketcher Shape Up Shoes - Product Destroyed Feet - No Money for Treatment

Asked 8 months ago - Miami, FL

Right now as we speak, my mom is laying in bed with severe pain. Her bone from her left foot (upper middle area foot) is popping up. She is crying.

I am very frustrated and feel like screaming out of anger because I don’t know what to do. I am a low income college student and my family and I live off of my student loans. We are also on food stamps, and my one of my relatives shares his SSI income with us. That is how poor we are.

Last year my mom had an inexperienced attorney who dropped our case. The shoes (Sketcher Shape Up) practically destroyed my moms feet. The medical doctors that examined my mom even stated that the shoes ruined her feet and we have medical records.
We spoke with another attorney who sued sketchers in California and she stated that my mom has to be in treatment

and get surgery before she takes the case. How can my mom get treatment if we have NO money?

So a multimillion dollar company destroyed my mother’s feet and they’re going to get away because we have NO money. And because we have NO money, my mom’s feet are going to continue to go untreated to a point where she can’t even walk anymore.
There is something wrong with this picture.

If I take my mom to the ER, those people are going to give her the “half fast track treatment” and not do anything for her. When a person is uninsured medically, they’re treated like bacteria. And I am aware that physicians only care about making money. Fact not an opinion.
As stated by the doctor, my mom needs surgery but we cannot afford it.
My mom needs help and I don’t know where else to go to or to see.

We are between the cracks.

1. Robert P Garven

5

Answered . You need to contact another med/mal attorney. You also need to speak with that attorney as to whether he is familiar with any reputable organizations that will assist with funding while your lawsuit is pending. (They are out there, but I cannot vouch for their quality or reputation, etc.)

2. Edward J. Fucillo

2

Answered . If I understand your comments correctly, you need to consult with an attorney who practices in product liability and not medical malpractice. If the attorney determines your mother has a viable case, many physicians will accept and treat your mother based on a Letter of Protection from the attorney. On that basis, no medical insurance is needed.

3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

3

Answered . Keep looking for an attorney in your area who is willing to take this case. Just because one attorney abandoned you and another put up an obstacle doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of experienced personal injury/product liability attorneys who would be willing to handle this case for your mother.

4. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

Answered . This is a products liability case. Many lawyers in Miami handle them, Start calling them. You may find someone who knows of a surgeon that will help your mother but wait for payment until the claim is resolved.