Sister for my Immigration and what would be application status of childern and Husband?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lexington, KY

My Sister who become American Citizen recently wants to apply for my immigration. I am married with two kids 3 and 6 year old and i want to ask
1) when my sister would be applying for my PR would my children be included in the application?
2) does my husband would be included?
3) Currently I have US B1/B2 visa after this appilcation do I have to surrender my visa?
4)My husband who is a foreign diplomat and we had been to US on various work assignment under G4 Visa for which we as a family get that too. I want to ask if the application of PR will be filed then would be eligiable to get the G4 visa?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . 1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. No, but you may have difficulty getting it renewed.
    4. Probably yes.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are asking way too many questions for a free general information blog. Don't you think?
    I will not be providing you case specific answers. I find it improper to do so. As a general matter, US citizen sibling can petition, at least true to now, for his or her sibling, a foreigner. The form is I-130 . The waiting time is about 14 years and if granted, the immigrant category includes derivatives which are a spouse and children under the age of 21 on the date the priority becomes current minus the time the I-130 WAS PENDING .

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  3. John Grayson Davidson

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Segal.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now