Sir export was done in my name by my boss and m facing over invoicing case by customs .iwant to be out of it kindly guide

Asked over 1 year ago - Indio, CA

export was done in 2008 acase of over invoicing under dutydrawback scheme by mumbai customs is going on i have already told in the state ment that every thing is done by my boss iwas arrested by customs n release on bail.ihave recived showcause notice. around 50% of export payment is yet to come as a/c was blocked.there is drawback recovery notice 4rm drawbak dep.as i m the company prop. showcause notice is club with my boss name and my collegue iwhose name also export was done.kindly guide me to come out of it. iwill b highly obliged .m normal service man surviving wth my mother /wife &2kids

1. Todd Matthew Heine

Answered . This can certainly be a tricky issue and you will want good counsel to limit your liability. While our firm handles cross-border business structuring, I think that you need someone who has experience, skill, and a focus on these kinds of trade issues.

For that kind of service, I recommend my colleague Pradnya Desh, who has an impressive background in these kinds of issues.