Single DUI disqualifies Deferred Action? ???

La Palma, CA |

Please help!!!! We all make mistakes right? I believe a DUi will disqualify you but there's got to be other ways. Many people have my same issue. Please say we all have possibilities!!!! Thanks :)

1. In recently released information the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has stated DUI is considered a significant misdemeanor and disqualifies a person from relief under consideration for deferred action. I’ll add a link with more information.

2. Mr. Thomas is correct. If you are having trouble finding the answer in the link he gave you here it is: "Regardless of the sentence imposed, [a significant misdemeanor] is an offense of domestic violence; sexual abuse or exploitation; burglary; unlawful possession or use of a firearm; drug distribution or trafficking; or, driving under the influence..."

3. You may wish to repost on the immigration board. Also, consult with an immigration attorney. It is possible that your DUI charge was altered or reduced to something that will still allow Deferred Action. Also, you may be able to obtain post conviction relief by hiring a local criminal defense attorney to go back and change your case outcome.
    At your service,

4. Speak to a criminal defense attorney to see what can be done about your DUI conviction. If this can be changed in any way, you may have a shot at DACA. Otherwise, it's a bar.

Best of luck,

Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    (888) 373-2602
    www.dreamlawca.com

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.

DUI topics