Since I have a Right of Way access on my property can I charge people for accessing my property as I need to maintain that area?

Graham, WA |

I own a parcel on a highway. Since the State can charge the public for using public roads as a toll, can I set up a toll booth on my property to collect a fee for the use of my property? I mean if the State can charge people wrecklessly while we pay property taxes, tabs, and other taxes, why cant we charge the public for the use of my property?

1. No.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

2. The State controls the roadways, maintenance thereon, traffic violations, etc. You are not in the same position as the State with your property and the right of way access you apparently granted.