Skip to main content

Since i cant have a partial expungement of dismissed charges in plea agreement, how bout nondisclosure petition?

Reading, PA |

Advice is saying that i cannot have expungement of dismissed charges in plea agreement case so i woud like to know about a nondisclosure petition of criminal record for employment purposes?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. This is the second posting of this question. I'm sorry to report but a "non disclosure" cannot be negotiated.

  2. Not sure from where this concept originates, I would guess it is from your Internet research. I am not familiar with the mechanism.
    Beyond that a more practical issue is how you answer questions about your criminal history. For example if asked a near universal question about arrests, even if you have had the matter expunged, the truthful answer as to arrests does not change. For many people the teal problem arises later when the failure to answer a question truthfully surfaces. That doesn't always happen, but when it does the consequences are usually swift and severe.

  3. I represent men and women who seek to expunge their records. I would be happy to speak with you.

    Depending on the facts and how long ago this happened, you may seek to obtain a pardon. Each state has different laws regarding expungement. While some state have 'record sealing' or nondisclosure, Pennsylvania does not.

    I will serve as someone's attorney only after a written agreement has been reviewed and signed. Please feel free to contact me at (610) 393-3868 if you would like more information or to inquire about my services.

  4. Not sure if i understand the part about "...cannot have expungement of dismissed charges..." In my county, if you plead guilty to some charges in the complaint, but others are withdrawn or dismissed, you can have the ones that are withdrawn or dismiised or you are not guilty of, expunged with a petition for partial expungement. In Allegheny County, the DA usually objects to partial expungement petitions, but the judges rule against them. I cannot speak to what happens in Reading, PA. See a local lawyer.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics