Since filing a sexual harassment suit against my boss and company the retaliation has magnified. Is this legal?

Asked 10 months ago - Cincinnati, OH

Since the suit filling, they have taken my work computer with all my contacts and notes on clients. I am in outside sales. They have taken my key to my office, and have changed all aspects of what we agreed upon when hired. I have to report to the secretary via a ell phones with texts and then she passes information to and from two my bosses and owners of the company.

1. Rachel Anne Sabo

Pro

3

Answered . I agree- you should not be posting about this on a public forum if you have an attorney who has filed a lawsuit or EEOC charge. I suggest taking down this post immediately and consulting with the attorney who is actually representing you.

2. V. Jonas Urba

Pro

4

Answered . Have you filed an actual lawsuit or simply initiated the process with the EEOC? When you file charges with the EEOC that is NOT the same as filing a lawsuit.

If you have not retained legal counsel to help you, you probably need to do so immediately! You can find lawyers in your state on this website www.AVVO.com

Not legal advice / No lawyer/client relationship.
  3. Golnar Sargeant

3

Answered . This is something to discuss with the attorney handling your lawsuit, not a general education board like this.

4. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

3

Answered . Without more information it is not possible to give an opinion about this. The best advice would be to set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law and sexual harassment cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Many attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. In contingency fee arrangements, there are no hourly fees. In some states attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case but in others there is a reasonable fee charged to compensate the attorney for their time and advice. As Abraham Lincoln said "a lawyer's stock in trade is his time." I would suggest that you begin your search for an attorney on this Avvo website. Good luck!

Pro

3

Answered . Best to get a local sexual harassment lawyer to handle this.