Simultaneous visa applications for L1A and H1B?

Asked over 3 years ago - Bellevue, WA

I was employed US on L1B from 2006 to 2011. My current company have filled a new L1A individual petition but we received REF on that which we will answer soon. In the meantime, another employer has offered me a permanent job and will start processing my H1B. Is it possible that both applications run simultaneous? or do I need to withdraw one of them?

1. Ari J Sauer

Pro

Answered . You can have both applications pending at the same time. But you can only have one status. You should talk to an attorney to make sure the filings are done in a way to get you the status you want. Otherwise you might accidentally end up in the wrong status or find both applications denied.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Only if your I-94 has not expired. If it has expired, the change of status will not be approved.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.