Simple no-fault or uncontested divorce, PA law 90 day waiting period start date?

Asked about 1 year ago - York, PA

I know that PA divorce law requires you to wait 90 day for a no-fault divorce. I was just wondering if it's 90 days after the date when I first filed for the divorce or 90 days after I served my spouse with the divorce papers? When does the 90 days start?

1. Paul Dominic Edger

4

Answered . The 90 days starts upon the date of filing the papers upon your spouse. So, if you do it by certified mail restricted delivery, it would be the day they sign for the papers. If you do it by process server, it would be the day they handed the papers over.

2. Jeanne B. Costopoulos

Pro

3

Answered . The mandatory 90 days waiting does not start until your spouse has been served with the divorce complaint.

3. Robert Riley Hopkins

3

Answered . The 90-day period starts whenever the papers are served. As stated above, the proof of service date is either the date the mail is received, as proved by a signature; or the date the papers are served on him by a process server.

4. Mark Yurovsky

Pro

1

Answered . It starts from the date your spouse was served with the complaint.