Signed up for Verizon FIOS bundle with phone & internet in Oct 2012 but cancelled 5 days later but now they said we owe $111.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

When we signed up FIOs was not available in my area so they said they will give use Direct TV dish instead. We opt not to take that route so we cancelled within 5 days. Now feb 2013 we get a collection notice saying we owe $111.13 and the collector is saying we signed a contract. But i signed up for FIOS and not for direct TV. also we never received any equipment or services either. Are we obligated to pay?

1. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

1

1

Answered . If you never received any service or equipment you should not have to pay. Contact their customer service department and ask to speak with a supervisor. They should be able to clear this up. If not document as best you can that you did not receive any service and your cancellation so you will have a record in the event they bring suit.

2. Ian Edmund Scott

Answered . I agree..contact customer service and try to work through it. If that does not work and you really feel the treatment is unjust, write to the executives (you can find out who to write to on the internet). The executives are quite responsive to complaints even though the customer service representatives at times are not.