Signed paperwork states I must pay $1.00 per day for electronic monitoring. Probation states it's outdated.

Port Richey, FL |

The paperwork me and my first probation officer signed after being placed on probation states " You will comply with special instructions of the Florida Department of Corrections concerning the Electronic Monitoring Program. If placed on said program, and will be assessed One Dollar ($1.00) per day for this monitoring unless otherwise waived in compliance with Florida Statutes until paid in full. " My probation officer is saying that was outdated, how can it be outdated ? Probation is saying I owe over $15,000 for this monitoring for 6 years. My paperwork is saying $1.00 per day.

Also my court paperwork states. " You shall Submit To Electronic Monitoring as required by the Florida Department of Corrections. You shall be required to pay to the Department of Corrections an amount that may not exceed the full cost of the Electronic Monitoring. " Isn't what my probation officer and I signed is like a contract ?

I suggest you take up this issue with your attorney. If the amounts are inaccurate, you may be able to have the judge reduce the amount that you pay, based on your finances.

Best of Luck.

Posting an answer to your question does not create an attorney / client relationship such that you can or should rely on the information provided herein to take action. Instead, it is intended to simply provide you with information. I am not your lawyer and cannot provide you with legal advice unless and until I am hired to do so.

You do need to consult with an attorney. Clarification may needed to be obtained from the Judge and an attorney can help you with this. You certainly don't want to wait and see if your PO will violate you.