Signed a consent judgement w/agreement that it would not be filed if paid as agreed. They filed it anyway. What can I do?

Paid 1/3 of amount and offered them to settle for another 1/3 to dismiss. They made a counter demand for the full balance and when I couldn't pay they filed the consent jugement signed over a year ago even with the amount now technically incorrect. I have records of paying as agreed. Is this breach of contract? Do I file motion to dismiss judgement based on payment as agreed? Do they just then get a consent judgement for actual amount? What can I do for damage control? Would fighting be more waited money?

Baton Rouge, LA -

Attorney Answers (1)

Daniel Dwight Bowen

Daniel Dwight Bowen

Appeals Lawyer - Atlanta, GA

You need a consumer attorney. Go to The judgment should have filed for the amount owing taking into account your payments.

The answer given is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Dwight Bowen is a... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.