Sick days following return from Short Term Disability/ FMLA. Can I use the my accrued time?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I have been out on on leave since March 2013 due to severe lower back problems. I have been undergoing painful physical therapy during this time. My doctor reluctantly allowed me to go back to work with limited responsibilities. The problem is that my 1.5 hr commute has kept me from returning to work and I have had to call out.? Am I entitled to sick pay because I have had to call out? The reason I asked to be released for work is because I was informed I was going to be let go as soon as I returned to work. My former co-worker returned from leave and was fired minutes after she got into the office.

1. Richard Javon Washington

1

1

Answered . The answer to your question depends upon a variety of factors. You should consult an employment lawyer to discuss your options.

2. Vincent Peter White

Answered . You may have viable claims and your co-worker may as well. I suggest both of you schedule consultations with experienced employment attorneys.

3. Vincent Peter White