Sibling category - CIR

Kansas City, KS |

How does the comprehensive immigration reform bill in Senate propose to reduce sibling immigration category?

My priority date is Nov 2011 according to the acceptance notice of submitted I130 which is still waiting to be processed. How long should I expect to wait according to senate bill?

1. They propose to eliminate it 18 months after passage.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

2. CIR proposes to eliminate the siblings category altogether within a year and a half.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. When that becomes law, come back with your question. Until then, your guess as good as ours.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.