Should we go ahead with marriage?

I am a U.S. citizen.My boy friend is on a student visa here.He was charged with a crime but the case was dismissed via "PC 1385 motion by DA".

We are dating since 4 months and truly in love with each other and want to get married.

Will he be fine and allowed to stay in U.S.A if i file his Adjustment of Status here?

If the charges were dismissed by the DA then there should be no problem - although you will need to submit a certified copy of the court record at the time of the interview.

Ron Tasoff

Certified Immigration Law Specialist*
    Law Offices of Tasoff and Tasoff
    16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
    Encino, California 91436
    (818) 788-8900
    ron@tasoff.com
    www.tasoff.com

2. Only you can decide whether to go ahead with marriage.

If the case was dismissed, then there is no conviction.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Sounds like he can stay but always consult with a lawyer to review the details.