Should we go ahead with marriage?

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am a U.S. citizen.My boy friend is on a student visa here.He was charged with a crime but the case was dismissed via "PC 1385 motion by DA".

We are dating since 4 months and truly in love with each other and want to get married.

Will he be fine and allowed to stay in U.S.A if i file his Adjustment of Status here?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If the charges were dismissed by the DA then there should be no problem - although you will need to submit a certified copy of the court record at the time of the interview.

    Ron Tasoff

    Certified Immigration Law Specialist*
    Law Offices of Tasoff and Tasoff
    16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
    Encino, California 91436
    (818) 788-8900

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Only you can decide whether to go ahead with marriage.

    If the case was dismissed, then there is no conviction.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Sounds like he can stay but always consult with a lawyer to review the details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,657 answers this week

3,318 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,657 answers this week

3,318 attorneys answering