Should someone applying for a police officer job put someone down as a reference that's just been arrested for DUI?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Myers, FL

A friend of mine wants to use me as a reference for a police officer job, he has in the past, but two weeks ago I was arrested for DUI. I don't really want to tell him I was arrested for DUI, but don't want to harm his chances for a new job. Will the police department look me up if he uses me as a reference?

1. Richard Timothy Jones

2

Best Answer

Answered . DUI's are looked on the same way as other crimes such as drug possession. If you want to help your friend you should let him know what's going on. If you can't do that, you should politely decline.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    512-495-1813
    Austin Texas DWI Lawyer

2. Larry Thomas McMillan

2

Answered . As long as you don't try to hide the arrest, I do not think your arrest will be a problem.

3. John Naumovski

Pro

Answered . I agree with the above attorneys' advice

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now