Should someone applying for a police officer job put someone down as a reference that's just been arrested for DUI?

Fort Myers, FL |

A friend of mine wants to use me as a reference for a police officer job, he has in the past, but two weeks ago I was arrested for DUI. I don't really want to tell him I was arrested for DUI, but don't want to harm his chances for a new job. Will the police department look me up if he uses me as a reference?

DUI's are looked on the same way as other crimes such as drug possession. If you want to help your friend you should let him know what's going on. If you can't do that, you should politely decline.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    512-495-1813
    Austin Texas DWI Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. As long as you don't try to hide the arrest, I do not think your arrest will be a problem.

3. I agree with the above attorneys' advice

the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case