Should online retailer honor the sale price for online sale ?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Credit

I bought 4 bottles of liquor for $329/bottle from a popular online liquor retailer which were on sale(I have screenshots of the website).The online retailer's website processed the order and also charged my credit card for the total amount for the 4 bottles. Later they called and said their website had issues and the correct price is $1799/bottle. Is the store supposed to legally honor the price they charged my credit card and processed my order?

Is this a mutual mistake or a unilateral one? If you knew the price to be unrealistic, then you might be unable to enforce your purchase . Find out who made the mistake-was is the person who entered the incorrect amount on the website who didn't work for the seller or the seller themselves? Contact a local lawyer who knows about these types of situations. There is a truth in advertising statute that applies here.

The responses provided to your questions are not legal advice, do not create any attorney client relationship, and are provided for informational purposes only.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt