Should officer have even been sitting there?

Asked 11 months ago - 23310

I believe that my recent speeding ticket should be thrown out by the judge. I live in Pa and was in Va. I was going over a bridge which had a few emergency pull off areas. No sholder and these areas are about three car lengths. I was speeding and an officer was sitting in one with his radar gun on. I would like to know if he should have even been sitting there. I feel that if I was going the speed limit, had tire blow out and had pull over quickly I would have hot the officer not only damaging my vehicle but injuring the passengers and the officer. I would like to I is if it is even worth fighting it.

1. Faraji Allen Rosenthall

Pro

1

Answered . The issue in your case will be how fast you were going and more importantly, whether the officer can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. His location will have no bearing on the outcome of your case, unless it impacts the reliability of his reading of your car's speed.

2. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

Answered . You need to hire an attorney and have him review it.