Should name of C corp be in Uppercase for state tax return or CamelCase is OK?

Clairton, PA |

I know state of Delaware requires company name be all in uppercase in the certificate of incorporation....But does it matter if corporate name is in Uppercase or CamelCase when filing for state tax return? I write my company's name in CamelCase everywhere, but it is all in uppercase in the certificate of incorporation.

Thanks,

tax agencies care most about absolute spelling and punctuation. Try to emulate the certificate of incorporation.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

What is the benefit of not making it capital? I can see the downside to not making it capital, but I fail to see the downside to making it capital.

Christopher Larson
www.bellevue-tax-attorneys.com
www.insightlawfirm.wordpress.com

CamelCase is a new term for me. Frankly, though I always put names in upper case when filing in DE as a matter of style, I have never seen a directive requiring it.

In any event, if the tax return is accurate I do not think you will have a problem regardless of case.

Tax law topics