Should name of C corp be in Uppercase for state tax return or CamelCase is OK?

Asked over 2 years ago - Clairton, PA

I know state of Delaware requires company name be all in uppercase in the certificate of incorporation....But does it matter if corporate name is in Uppercase or CamelCase when filing for state tax return? I write my company's name in CamelCase everywhere, but it is all in uppercase in the certificate of incorporation.

Thanks,

1. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . tax agencies care most about absolute spelling and punctuation. Try to emulate the certificate of incorporation.

2. Kenneth Allyn Sprang

3

1

Answered . CamelCase is a new term for me. Frankly, though I always put names in upper case when filing in DE as a matter of style, I have never seen a directive requiring it.

In any event, if the tax return is accurate I do not think you will have a problem regardless of case.

3. Christopher Michael Larson

4

1

Answered . What is the benefit of not making it capital? I can see the downside to not making it capital, but I fail to see the downside to making it capital.

Christopher Larson
    www.bellevue-tax-attorneys.com
    www.insightlawfirm.wordpress.com