Should my wife work for at least three years before we can start the green card process.

Asked over 1 year ago - Moline, IL

I am an international student, I met my wife while in college. we got married. She just started to work. She's been working for the last two months. So, she does not have a tax return because she could not file any tax since she was not working. She was claimed by her parents.

1. Ilona Dzhamgarova

2

1

Answered . If you are referring to affidavit of support , your spouse needs to provide most recent tax return in support of your application for adjustment of status.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

1

Answered . No need for her to work for three years before filing. You will, however, need a co-sponsor.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . That is up to you. She can file now, but she will need to find a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support requirement.