Should my son get an attorney for failure to appear ?

Middletown, OH |
Filed under: Criminal defense

My son was homeless and was in a halfway house when his court date came around. The halfway house didnt provide transportation and his car was impounded for driving w/o insurance. He was rec help for his heroin addiction as well. After he missed his court appear a warrant was issued and they found him at 3:30 am on sat morn and arrested him. Now he cnt go bk to hlfwy house and he is not receiv his meds for his addiction. The home was helping him get on his feet again but now he's bk to square 1

He should probably avail himself of a public defender at least. It's sounds like he'll qualify

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

He should never walk in alone. It sounds as if in his circumstances he will qualify for a public defender.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

Yes he should have an attorney. If you are willing you could call a few attorneys in the area and see if you can reach an agreement with one of them to represent him. A lot depends on exactly what the court appearance was for. More information is needed to be able to determine if he is facing anything serious or not. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
(937)510-6110 phone
(937)867-4111 fax

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner