Should my landlord pay to exterminate bed bugs?

Denver, CO |

my significant other and i and our two month old son have been living in our apartment for about a month now.just recently i started getting bites.then i made the discovery of a bed bug. the landlord is having some one come and spray.but theyre not professional exterminators.if i want this professionally taken care of should he have to pay for it?

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE
I have dealt with a situation like yours and I assure you, you need a professional to do it - two or three times - before they will be gone. The landlord is probably afraid of the stigma that the exterminators will bring when they show up, but it really isn't that bad... they are in and out in an hour or so, and most of them will give a guaranty that the job is done right... if you find them again, they will come again for free, then you should be done with the problem... oh, yea, moving out won't help you much as they often go with. I would go half and half with the landlord (because noone can be sure where they came from).
Culver

Landlord-tenant topics