Should my boyfriend volunteer to deport or reopen his deportation case?

Birmingham, AL |

My boyfriend is in custody at a ICE detention. He has no criminal record. He has a order of deportation from 2006. The immigration officer told him he has two options. Go back to Brazil in two weeks with a 10 year ban for re entry to US. Or reopen the case, which he will have to wait there for 3 months to go to court.

You and your boyfriend need good legal advice. I highly recommend that you speak to an experienced immigration attorney to properly advise.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact at the Law Office of Daniel Corno, (832) 767-2922, 1535 South Richey, Pasadena, Texas 77502 elabogadodaniel@yahoo.com, elabogadodaniel.com

if you really want to help your boyfriend, help him hire an experienced immigration attorney. Posting on AVVO, while free, will definitely not help him.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Once I get some more money, I want to retain the same lawyer I had hired who got his traffic charges dropped. He told me if I pay a $2500 retainer fee and he'll research his case and advise what he should do.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration is a speciality of its own. Make sure that the trafic attorney is actually an immigration attorney. I am not sure you need more experiments in your life than you already had.

He says he practices Immigration. Among other fields.

I wonder if he goes back to Brazil, could I marry him there and petition for him back?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

not without a waiver

Do you think that I should retain this lawyer to see what we should do before he goes anywhere?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I think you need to hire an experienced immigration attorney, one that knows what he or she is doing in this complex situation. If he is such a lawyer, G-d speed.

When he gets deported, do i do the waivers before the petition?

I agree with my colleagues.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.