Should I wait for my CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED or apply for naturalization?

Asked over 2 years ago - Plano, TX

I applied for removal of restrictions on my green card (marriage based) in June 2011. I still have not received an approval and I am now eligible to apply for naturalization. If I don't wait for my CRI89 and apply for naturalization, would it delay my process? Is it better to wait?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Although you may be technically eligible .. I'd wait .. there must be a reason that they are taking this long to process the I-751.

Take a copy of your papers to an attorney to see if he/she can spot potential problems.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law

FIRST 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION IS FREE (SKYPE or phone only). e-mail to set up a time that is convenient: franco@capriotti.com

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, WE CAN HELP. Our services are not limited by State, nor International boundaries. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on a website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking any action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or www.ailalawyer.com - If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Whether to wait is really up to you.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

3. Javier G Pineda

Answered . I would recommend that you consult with an experienced local immigration attorney. Every USCIS district has a different approach to resolving your dilemma. For example, in Los Angeles, you can file the N-400 if eligible and the officer is trained to adjudicate both the I-751 and the N-400. Good luck.