Asked over 2 years ago - Plano, TX

I applied for removal of restrictions on my green card (marriage based) in June 2011. I still have not received an approval and I am now eligible to apply for naturalization. If I don't wait for my CRI89 and apply for naturalization, would it delay my process? Is it better to wait?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Although you may be technically eligible .. I'd wait .. there must be a reason that they are taking this long to process the I-751.

    Take a copy of your papers to an attorney to see if he/she can spot potential problems.

    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law

    FIRST 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION IS FREE (SKYPE or phone only). e-mail to set up a time that is convenient:

    NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, WE CAN HELP. Our services are not limited by State, nor International boundaries. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on a website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking any action.

    Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or - If you are low income go here: or

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Whether to wait is really up to you.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Javier G Pineda

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . I would recommend that you consult with an experienced local immigration attorney. Every USCIS district has a different approach to resolving your dilemma. For example, in Los Angeles, you can file the N-400 if eligible and the officer is trained to adjudicate both the I-751 and the N-400. Good luck.

    714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,531 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,531 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering