Plano, TX |

I applied for removal of restrictions on my green card (marriage based) in June 2011. I still have not received an approval and I am now eligible to apply for naturalization. If I don't wait for my CRI89 and apply for naturalization, would it delay my process? Is it better to wait?

Although you may be technically eligible .. I'd wait .. there must be a reason that they are taking this long to process the I-751.

Take a copy of your papers to an attorney to see if he/she can spot potential problems.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law

FIRST 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION IS FREE (SKYPE or phone only). e-mail to set up a time that is convenient:

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, WE CAN HELP. Our services are not limited by State, nor International boundaries. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
Do not rely completely on information you get on a website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking any action.

Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or - If you are low income go here: or

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Whether to wait is really up to you.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I would recommend that you consult with an experienced local immigration attorney. Every USCIS district has a different approach to resolving your dilemma. For example, in Los Angeles, you can file the N-400 if eligible and the officer is trained to adjudicate both the I-751 and the N-400. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration