Should I use a Denver, CO lawyer to sue Hertz?

Charlotte, NC |

I rented a car from Hertz for business and on Weds night there was a snow storm. The rear of the car locked and slid into a sign damaging the bumper. Looking at the vehicle in daylight, I found the treads on the rear tires were worn down; there wasn't enough tread to maintain traction on the snowy road. Hertz rented me a vehicle that was not adequate for winter weather in Boulder. I'm originally from Pennsylvania and know how to drive in the snow; it was not operator error - I was driving very slowly due to the conditions. A police report was filed and there are pictures of the vehicle including the treads on the tires. If you could advise it would be appreciated.

1. If the accident happened in that area, yes. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for an attorney in either Denver or Boulder.

2. A lawyer in your area would be prudent.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. It depends what you are suing for. If you are talking about damage to the vehicle, it would be handled under the applicable insurance coverage. So if you rented under your own policy coverage, the collision would pay for the damage and if your insurance company feels Hertz was at fault, it can pursue them in "subrogation." If you were hurt and want to claim medical expense, lost income and/or pain and suffering, the best option is to consult a Colorado personal injury attorney.

4. As a Colorado attorney who dealt with that snowstorm, I guess I have to know -- was someone hurt?

If so, I understand your need for counsel. If not, I am trying to figure out why counsel would be important. Please fill me in and perhaps I can help.

Thanks,

Dan

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.