Should I use a Denver, CO lawyer to sue Hertz?

Asked over 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

I rented a car from Hertz for business and on Weds night there was a snow storm. The rear of the car locked and slid into a sign damaging the bumper. Looking at the vehicle in daylight, I found the treads on the rear tires were worn down; there wasn't enough tread to maintain traction on the snowy road. Hertz rented me a vehicle that was not adequate for winter weather in Boulder. I'm originally from Pennsylvania and know how to drive in the snow; it was not operator error - I was driving very slowly due to the conditions. A police report was filed and there are pictures of the vehicle including the treads on the tires. If you could advise it would be appreciated.

1. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

7

Answered . It depends what you are suing for. If you are talking about damage to the vehicle, it would be handled under the applicable insurance coverage. So if you rented under your own policy coverage, the collision would pay for the damage and if your insurance company feels Hertz was at fault, it can pursue them in "subrogation." If you were hurt and want to claim medical expense, lost income and/or pain and suffering, the best option is to consult a Colorado personal injury attorney.

Pro

6

Answered . A lawyer in your area would be prudent.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . If the accident happened in that area, yes. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for an attorney in either Denver or Boulder.

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . As a Colorado attorney who dealt with that snowstorm, I guess I have to know -- was someone hurt?

If so, I understand your need for counsel. If not, I am trying to figure out why counsel would be important. Please fill me in and perhaps I can help.

Thanks,

Dan