SHOULD I TRY AND FIGHT A POM1 AND PODP ?

Asked 12 months ago - Tuscaloosa, AL

I WAS PICKED UP BY A FRIEND WHO JUST BOUGHT THE CAR A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE. WE WERE STOPED BY AN OFFICER I WENT TO SCHOOL AND WAS FRIENDS WITH NEEDLESS TO SAY. I HAD A WARRENT FOR NOT PAYING A TRAFFIC TICKET HE PUT ME IN THE COP CAR WENT AND SEARCHED THE CAR. FOUND A CAN THAT HELD WEED A GRINDER AND SCALE ALL IN ONE. I NEED LEGAL ADVICE PLEASE

1. Pascal Bruijn

1

Answered . From your fact scenario, there is a lot to work with to form a defense. Hire the lawyer of your choice. A conviction of misdemeanor marijuana will have immediate (loss of driver license, incarceration, etc.) and possible future consequences if arrested again for marijuana (you will be charged with a felony despite fact you were just arrested for misdemeanor marijuana). You don't want a conviction of marihuana on your record. Also, if you are between the age of 18 and 21, you are eligible to apply for treatment as a Youthful Offender.

2. Randy William Ferguson

Answered . Yes. They are going to have to prove you new the drugs were in the car. Hire an attorney.

3. John Douglas Lloyd

Pro

Answered . You definitely need to hire an attorney to help you fight this.