SHOULD I TRY AND FIGHT A POM1 AND PODP ?

Tuscaloosa, AL |

I WAS PICKED UP BY A FRIEND WHO JUST BOUGHT THE CAR A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE. WE WERE STOPED BY AN OFFICER I WENT TO SCHOOL AND WAS FRIENDS WITH NEEDLESS TO SAY. I HAD A WARRENT FOR NOT PAYING A TRAFFIC TICKET HE PUT ME IN THE COP CAR WENT AND SEARCHED THE CAR. FOUND A CAN THAT HELD WEED A GRINDER AND SCALE ALL IN ONE. I NEED LEGAL ADVICE PLEASE

1. Yes. They are going to have to prove you new the drugs were in the car. Hire an attorney.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

2. From your fact scenario, there is a lot to work with to form a defense. Hire the lawyer of your choice. A conviction of misdemeanor marijuana will have immediate (loss of driver license, incarceration, etc.) and possible future consequences if arrested again for marijuana (you will be charged with a felony despite fact you were just arrested for misdemeanor marijuana). You don't want a conviction of marihuana on your record. Also, if you are between the age of 18 and 21, you are eligible to apply for treatment as a Youthful Offender.

As always, no attorney/client relationship is created by this answer and I recommend that you contact a local, experienced criminal defense lawyer to discuss your particular situation.

3. You definitely need to hire an attorney to help you fight this.

Disclaimer: No attorney client privilege is established by receiving an answer to your question on Avvo. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to visit my Avvo profile or website -- www.AfterTheTrial.com -- to set up an appointment to talk more about your issue. As required by Rule 7.2(e), Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

Criminal defense Topics