Should I tell my Probation Officer if I think that I could be violating Probation?

Albany, NY |

I'm getting married in a month, and I was told that it had to be a dry wedding. There will be Alcohol, and I'm nervous my Probation Officer will find out. I don't plan on drinking, but was still told that this is a violation. Should I just tell my PO about the alcohol? Can they stop the wedding that is paid for?

Why go through this. Dont serve alcohol.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Be honest with your PO, and don't serve alcohol. Problem solved.

It is not worth the risk. Do not hide it from your PO

Get permission or do nor serve alcohol.