Skip to main content

Should I tell mistress husband she is having affair with my husband? They are wealthy very prominent people in my town

Belleville, IL |
Filed under: Family law

Husband has been having affair with a wealthy married women for 7 years he butt dialed my daughter while they were discussing their sex life is how we found out

Attorney Answers 4

  1. First, I'm sorry about your husband, that's a really terrible thing. Second, this isn't really a legal question. Of course, you can tell her husband, but I would recommend going to see a divorce lawyer first. There's no practical reason to tell her husband (other than payback for the pain you are suffering) and she might (I emphasize might) have a defamation claim against you . Go see a divorce lawyer.

  2. go see a divorce lawyer first, not a personal injury lawyer.

  3. Again Itell youto go see a divorce lawyer. Telling her husband has nothing to do with you or your divorce. Why do it?

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

  4. If you are considering divorcing your husband, there is likely no benefit to telling your the husband of your husband's mistress about the affair. But, every case is different, and there may be relevant information that could be gained from the mistress's husband. The best way to find out the answers to your questions is to consult with a family law attorney. If you are interested, my firm offers free one-hour consultations in Belleville. Give me a call at (618) 551-0300 if you would like to schedule an appointment.

    Content contained on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. You should consult an attorney to discuss your particular case and to obtain legal advice.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics