Skip to main content

Should I sue my mortgage company? They guided us wrong and it has caused so much stress the VA upped my anxiety drugs by 4x.

Liberty, MO |

In 2004 purchased a home in Florida with 80/20 financing. In 2009 we had our 3rd child, adding $500 a month infant daycare to our already strapped budget. Tried to work in good faith with the companies servicing the loans. Ocwen had the 20% and were great. Dropped the interest rate for 5 years since the new boy would then be in school. Carrington said because the house was our only debt our ratios didn't meet the guidelines. The rep suggested missing payments so our file could be reviewed by their internal underwriters who had more leeway. So we did, but their underwriters said the same thing about our ratios, and by skipping payments we didn't qualify for the negative equity forgiveness program that came out a few months later. Had to transfer jobs, move 1000 miles away and do a short sal

Attorney Answers 4


Check with an atty in the state where this occurred. Do it asap. If you have a case, there may be time requirements, and you dont want to blow those.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


this is a tough situation. may be tough to prove. however, i would contact a local civil attorney for advice. good luck

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


This situation would need to be discussed further with a local lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You will need to seek counsel in Florida. I see this a lot. There have been many situations like yours involving HAMP programs.

This response should not be constued as legal advice on how to proceed as our firm does not have enough information to analyze the claim. Further, until we are in an attorney/client relationship we generally do not give specific legal advice.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics