SHOULD I SUE MCDONALDS!??!?!

Jacksonville, NC |

i am being sexually harassed and physically threatened at work (mcdonalds)
they have also released personal information about me to other co-workers.
i can't just go to my boss, because its the boss's whom are doing a lot of it!!!!

HELP!!! i have work tomorrow absolutely dreading it!

1. You should consult with an attorney. You may also wish to speak with someone from the EEOC Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE, as there is a limited amount of time to make a claim and/or file suit.

There MAY be causes of action under both North Carolina and United States Law (Section 1983), although it's frankly a VERY complicated area of law that is very fact specific.

We would be more than willing to provide a referral, free of charge, of an attorney experienced handling such matters in coastal / eastern nc.

bill powers

NOTE: Although a response is provided to the specific question, there may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. The questioner should not base any decision on the answer and is specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background. NOTE: There may be other facts and law relevant to the issue. Readers should not base any decision on the;information provided herein and are specifically advised no client-lawyer relationship has been established. Put simply, seek the advice of competent counsel without delay to discuss the particular aspects of the case, factual scenario and historical background WHY: The content herein is provided for educational purposes and should not be inferred as applying only to DWI / DUI criminal defense. In fact, it may be equally relevant to claims of personal injury involving accidents and the consumption of alcohol or more simply, to the daily practice of law. Bill Powers lectures on such issues on a regular basis with the intent to educate, to be fair, to be accurate and to encourage, open, honest and scientific discussion on the subject. Attorney Bill Powers did NOT represent the Defendant in the particular cause of action.

2. Sounds like a good EEOC "hostile work environment" type of claim. You must contact an employment rights attorney immediately because the time deadline for these cases is very short!

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the “good answer” button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

3. This is not an easy question to answer. You cannot "sue" under Title VII the law that prohibits sexual harassment until you file a charge of discrimination against the company with the EEOC and are given a Right to Sue Notice. Because you are being sexually harassed by your boss, there is a defense the company will likely have against your claim if there is a policy or procedure (which I suspect there is) that addresses sexual harassment and you do not follow that policy or procedure. It is imperative that you contact an experienced North Carolina employment law attorney immediately. There is no need that the attorney be in your area.

Kirk J. Angel is an experienced North Carolina licensed attorney who focuses his practice on employment law. Mr. Angel, who has focused on employment law for more than 14 years, represents clients throughout North Carolina and more information about him is available at www.theangellawfirm.com This response is for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer in your state who practices in the appropriate area.