Should I submit the N-336 or reapply?

Leesburg, VA |

My husband and me previously resided in the State of Florida for the last four years, and then moved to the State of Virginia in May, 2013. I have filed my application for naturalization in June, 2013 and USCIS denied it since I resided in the State of Virginia less than 3 months prior to filing my application. I didn’t know about 3 month period that you have to reside before filing application for naturalization. Now, we are in September, 2013 and I was wondering if I should submit the N-336 or reapply for naturalization?

re-apply as USCIS was correct to deny as you did not meet the 90 day state residence requirement.

--
Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law

File a new N-400 .... read the instructions more closely this time.

Or, consider meeting with an attorney to have your case 'screened' prior to filing.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Reapply.

The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. Legal advice cannot be provided through a forum such as this. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.