Should I submit the N-336 or reapply?

Asked 10 months ago - Leesburg, VA

My husband and me previously resided in the State of Florida for the last four years, and then moved to the State of Virginia in May, 2013. I have filed my application for naturalization in June, 2013 and USCIS denied it since I resided in the State of Virginia less than 3 months prior to filing my application. I didn’t know about 3 month period that you have to reside before filing application for naturalization. Now, we are in September, 2013 and I was wondering if I should submit the N-336 or reapply for naturalization?

1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

4

2

Best Answer

Answered . re-apply as USCIS was correct to deny as you did not meet the 90 day state residence requirement.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

1

Answered . File a new N-400 .... read the instructions more closely this time.

Or, consider meeting with an attorney to have your case 'screened' prior to filing.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . Reapply.