Should I sign the document stating that the CID can open up a package they already know is coming? Military question / law

Asked 9 months ago - San Diego, CA

Military Law Question

Should I ever sign a document that gives permission to the Criminal Investigative Department to open up a package that might be involved in a criminal case? Even if they know the package is coming? Also, if someone were to tell the agents that a package was coming, should that same person go and pick up the package, or should they let the agents pick it up / handle it? I'm afraid that if this person under investigation goes and picks up the package (even if the CID is with the person) it's considered "possession" and it feels like a trap. Should this person just let the CID pick up the package?

Military Law Question

1. William Emil Cassara

Pro

5

Answered . Do not speak to CID or give them permission to do anything until u speak privately to a lawyer.

2. Wojciech Zbigniew Kornacki

3

Answered . It is generally best not to sigh any documents without the presence of the attorney.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . Not without seeing an attorney first.