Should I send in the supplemental information that the immigration officer asked for during my interview?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

My wife recently filed for me as an immediate relative . I filed to adjust my status from h1b to PR . Prior to h1b , I was under a student visa . We had our interview , but during our interview , the immigration officer gave me until May , 2013 to send in a I - 20 and transcripts for one of the schools I was enrolled in before I was under h1b . The problem is , that particular school has closed down and there is no way to obtain those transcripts . I was advised by an attorney that , based on where I am , I should just send in the I - 20 if I can't obtain those transcripts . To my surprise , I just received my I - 797 for my I - 485 application saying that my application has been approved and that I can expect to receive my PR card soon . Should I still send in the said I - 20 and transcripts or not ?

1. Dean P Murray

1

1

Answered . If you were directed to send in those documents, I would still send in copies of them. Good luck to you, and congratulations..
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I, too, agree. USCIS makes mistakes and even when it is their mistake, it can come back to haunt you later.

One or more answers have been taken down.