Should I send an interfiling letter for a ported EB3 I140 priority date to the newly approved EB2 I140?

Altamonte Springs, FL |

Primary applicant with an approved EB3 I140 priority date that was ported to an approved EB2 I140. I485 is still pending and both were filed concurrently. Nebraska is the service center for the EB3 I140 and I485, and Texas is for the EB2 I140 and I485. Different employer for EB3 and EB2. Priority date is current-12/18/2008 (Philippines). Do I need to send an interfiling letter to TSC? Will this help to make the process faster? If so, how should I write the interfiling letter and where to send it? Please advise.

It would appear that an interfile request is the next logical step for you, and you would be well served to consult with an attorney who has experience in this area. If you do not consult with an attorney, you should at least seek guidance from the USCIS web site (www.uscis.gov).

2. I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.