Should I send a product back that has mouse turds in it?

Columbia, KY |

I bought some cans of Libby's whole Kernel corn and when I opened it up it had three mouse turds in it. I called Libby's and they want me to send in all of the product with the mouse turds. If I do that then I will not have any evidence except for the picture that I took. Should I just send in part of the product with a mouse turd in it. That way I would still have part of the product with a mouse turd in it. They want it so they can test it to let me know if it is a mouse turd or not. Should I let them have it of not?

If you did not eat and/or sustain injury from the product, it is unlikely that there will much recovery. The manufacturer is entitled to proof that there was actually a foreign substance in their product. A picture alone will probably not suffice. You should contact the local grocery store where you purchased the product to them know about the condition of the product.

Richard Todd Rosenstein

Richard Todd Rosenstein

You should contact a local product liability attorney for advice regarding the handling of the evidence.

I agree with Mr. Rosenstein that were you to sue, there would not be much in damages. As disgusting as finding what you did obviously is, the case is small claims. I would send it to them via the grocer who might give you a refund.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Return it for a full refund, and perhaps some free coupons. Without injury, no claim.