Should i send a letter to the corporate office if i was falsely accused of stealing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pearland, TX

i was shopping at Kohl and was taken to loss prevention for " stealing " a pair of earrings . they had no evidence of this and apologized to me after i offered them the chance to search my things . They wasted all that time and were very unprofessional .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can. I assume corporate would want their loss prevention officers to err on the side of caution, but it certainly doesn't hurt to lodge your complaint. You can also explore the possibility of a civil suit with a civil litigation attorney, but it doesn't sound like you have any damages to claim.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  2. Pamela S. Fernandez

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No. If you feel your rights have been violated and were discriminated against as to the theft you should contact a civil rights attorney.

  3. Debra Vera Jennings


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . If you just want to release your anger and disappointment. Consult with a Civil Rights Attorney before making any decision.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now