Should i send a letter to the corporate office if i was falsely accused of stealing?

Pearland, TX |

i was shopping at Kohl and was taken to loss prevention for " stealing " a pair of earrings . they had no evidence of this and apologized to me after i offered them the chance to search my things . They wasted all that time and were very unprofessional .

No. If you feel your rights have been violated and were discriminated against as to the theft you should contact a civil rights attorney.

You can. I assume corporate would want their loss prevention officers to err on the side of caution, but it certainly doesn't hurt to lodge your complaint. You can also explore the possibility of a civil suit with a civil litigation attorney, but it doesn't sound like you have any damages to claim.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

If you just want to release your anger and disappointment. Consult with a Civil Rights Attorney before making any decision.