Should i send a letter to the corporate office if i was falsely accused of stealing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pearland, TX

i was shopping at Kohl and was taken to loss prevention for " stealing " a pair of earrings . they had no evidence of this and apologized to me after i offered them the chance to search my things . They wasted all that time and were very unprofessional .

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

2

Answered . You can. I assume corporate would want their loss prevention officers to err on the side of caution, but it certainly doesn't hurt to lodge your complaint. You can also explore the possibility of a civil suit with a civil litigation attorney, but it doesn't sound like you have any damages to claim.

2. Pamela S. Fernandez

1

Answered . No. If you feel your rights have been violated and were discriminated against as to the theft you should contact a civil rights attorney.

3. Debra Vera Jennings

Pro

Answered . If you just want to release your anger and disappointment. Consult with a Civil Rights Attorney before making any decision.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now