Should i send a dispute letter?

Sherman, TX |

I sent a dispute letter due in response to a collections attempt on a signed admission for partaking in items management placed in the break-room for employee consumption ($50 which i paid when i signed as an attempt to not lose my job) and a $300 civil penalty; i was sent a second collections letter stating my next payment is due in April with my balance now $125.The first letter included a copy of my cleared check with the dispute letter; my account shows no additional funds removed nor did i send any form of payment with the dispute. I did not have this letter certified when sent. Should i send a second dispute letter certified or take a different course of action?

You should ALWAYS send legal correspondences
CERTIFIED or by PRIORITY with TRACKING so that
the other side cannot claim (lie?) that they never
received the letter/document. It's well worth the
$5 or so postal charges. Good luck!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

You need a lawyer to assist you . It looks like they are taking advantage of your lack of knowledge. Good luck.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.