Should I retain a counsel for my work related injury?

Asked about 1 year ago - Mulberry, AR

6-18-12 Hurt knee working on roof, had micro surgery, could not go back to work after because of pain and lose of flexibility. Had to have total knee replacement, have been told by surgery that I may never be able to do maintenance work because of loss of flexibility. Had micro surgery in Aug. 2012, had total knee replacement June 18 2013. Got a phone call from boss stating they were filling my position (maintenance director), but not discharging me at this time. Place is a nursing home and has only one maintenance person which was me, I did all work, docs., and reports for state regulations. I have been receiving workmen's comp checks for @ 2\3s of my normal pay. I know they will let me go when I am released by doctor because I will not be able to perform all duties of the job and I do not believe they will not fire the new man just to put bring me back

1. Robert V Cornish Jr.

3

Answered . There are many good attorneys here on AVVO, and the Arkansas Bar Association has a referral service as well.

2. John M Connell

Pro

4

Answered . It's always a good idea to talk to an attorney in workers comp since the consultations are free

3. George Ellis Corson IV

4

Answered . There is no harm in retaining a WC Attorney, and it usually makes things easier for you.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.