Should i resign or wait to be fired from my job?

Asked over 3 years ago - Cincinnati, OH

I'm a retail store manager and my regional manager along with my district manager said they feel i'm unsuccessful and they are waiting for me to make the decision to move on (resign). They stated there may be something else out there for me. In july I was written up for my work performance after a floor set. At that time I was pregnant and had went most of the summer without a management team doing that floor set with just one new manager. I just got back from maternity leave only a month ago. I came back after being gone for two months to being understaffed, no one to do stock & 90 boxes in an unorganized backroom, and new two assistants who didnt respect my decisions and processes. The next write up came just three weeks after I returned from maternity leave.

1. Mark Wayne Napier

Pro

Answered . You should quickly consult with an employment law attorney in your area to review your particular circumstances. You might have wrongful discharge or employment discrimination claims, but will not know until you see an attorney. Also, if you do resign, you will probably NOT be eligible for unemployment compensation. So, do NOT resign at least until you have consulted with an experienced employment law attorney. The attorney may be able to negotiate a severance package or at least an agreement by your employer not to oppose your unemployment benefits claim and perhaps continue at their expense any group health insurance benefits for several months. Also, perhaps they can keep you on the payroll for a period of time until you find other suitable employment.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Do not resign until you speak with an OH employment lawyer

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose a Lawyer for you.”

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "What Do I Tell My Lawyer"?

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot find out any details. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless. Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at the bottom. You may mark this as a Best Answer for the time I spent crafting this and thinking about your matter.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.