Should I request a hearing for a "Following to Closely" citation, Pa 3310

Asked over 2 years ago - Pittsburgh, PA

I received a citation in the mail. To make a long story short, I was cited by an off duty state trooped who stated that on his way home from work in his personal vehicle, I allegedly followed him too closely through a contruction zone on the Pa Turnpike. He stated he waited for me to exit the road so he could identify me and then ran my plates. I was in this area during this time but how should I proceed as I to not remember this incident at all?

1. 1

Answered . Of course you should request a hearing. This is a moving violation. Depending on your driving record, any competent attorney can either have this ticket dismissed or reduced to 3111(a), which yields no points.

2. 1

Answered . Hire a traffic law attorney who practices in the city or county where you received the ticket.

3. 1

Answered . If you do not remember the incident then it is not his word against yours anymore, just his. Consult with a local traffic attorney to give them the long story and see what they recommend.