Should I represent myself as Petitioner in a TPO case against the wife of my fellow co-worker? How do I prove my case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

The wife of a fellow co-worker confessed to making harrassing calls to my workplace. I have the police record. She's now fabricating/lying that her husband & I were involved in an affair. We are not. She says this because we call each other often and have gone to dinner. I do not care to divulge the details of the business relationship to her; I feel she could jeopardize it. She is threatening to produce text msgs, call logs & receipts which would reveal a more intimate relationship. My co-worker did not (and will not) give her the authority to obtain or use these (supposed) documents; his cell phone & credit cards are solely in his name. This info would cloud judgement & present doubt or allude to "cause." I have witnesses, a call log & a confession. Her actions aren't justifiable.

1. Sam Louis Levine

Answered . Sorry that this is happening. It IS manageable. Please feel free to call me if you would like. I am a good listener & a passionate advocate. I can be reached @ (404) 303-8875. Thx so much.

Sam Levine, Esq.

2. Heidi S. Whitaker

Pro

Answered . The difficulty in representing yourself is twofold: knowledge and skill at applying the rules of civil procedure and evidence in addition to an emotional connection to your case. Just as a doctor would not perform surgery on their self, acting as one's own attorney limits your objectivity. Underestimating the need to know how to get your case across under the rules would also be a mistake. In your shoes, I would at least consult a local attorney.