Skip to main content

Should I report rape if I willingly took illegal drug prior to 2 males raping me?

Little Rock, AR |

I went to a male friends house. He and another male urges me to do drugs with them. After taking the drug they told me it was a Molly. They began trying to remove my clothes. I ran, they caught me and stripped me. They both raped me vaginally and anally. Yes, I screamed no and fought but they were too strong. I still have my underwear but it has been several days. I don't know what to do. Please help!

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Best answer

    Everyone who has answered is correct. This is a crime. Whether or not you took drugs makes no difference regarding whether you were raped. You did not consent, and it was rape. Period. In addition to the advice already given, may I suggest you go to a hospital? I know it has been several days, but you still need medical attention. They will need to test you for STDs and pregnancy. I'm trying to give you more stress -- just being honest with what you need to do. At the emergency room, if you will just quietly go up to the person on duty and let them know you need medical attention for a rape that happened a few days ago, they will call the Rape Crisis Center and a Rape Crisis Counselor who is trained to help people who have been through this will come to the hospital. There is always someone on call. I know, because I was a rape crisis counselor for years, when I lived in Little Rock. Place your underwear in a ziplock baggie. Also, if you have the other clothes you were wearing that day, bring them to the hospital, especially if you have not washed them. Give the hospital permission to call the police. When the hospital and Rape crisis are involved, the police officers are usually women, and they are specifically trained to help you through this.

    Whatever you do, please DO NOT blame yourself. You are not at fault. I am so sorry this happened to you, but there are people who are ready and willing to help you. Please turn to them and let them help you. Rape crisis can help you to arrange counseling, and they can get you an application to the Crime Victims Reparations Board, who will help with reimbursing you for counseling costs, etc.

    Take care.

    No attorney-client relationship is established with this answer. It is not to be considered legal advice, but is merely given to point you in the right direction and give you a general answer as to the law regarding the question you have asked.

  2. Report this. They committed a crime and hurt you. It is possible that you are not thier first victim. when making the report, be honest about all of the circumstances, including the drugs. As a crime victim, you will have access to counseling and services to help you through this experience. There are people trained to assist you. You won't be alone.

    The responses to questions posted on this Web site are made available by Kristin L. Pawlik of Keith, Miller,Butler, Schneider & Pawlik, PLLC for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. The transmission and receipt of information contained on the Web site do not form or constitute an attorney-client relationship. Persons should not act upon information on this site without seeking professional legal counsel. The materials on this Web site may not reflect the most current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. Further, prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Some links within this website may lead to other sites. This site does not incorporate any materials appearing in such linked sites by reference, and Kristin L. Pawlik does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve of such linked materials.

  3. Hell yes call the police right now. This mustm be reported. If you need help or assistance, contact tthe local rape crisis or ER for referral

    Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

  4. Cll the police NOW. Do not delay even one more minute. You have been victimized regardless of the ingestion of an illegal drug.

    Good luck.


    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

  5. There isn't really much more that I can add that the other attorneys have not already said, but I am posting just to stress that the other attorneys gave excellent advice and you should report this.

    This response is for information purposes only, it does not create any attorney-client relationship. Responses to questions posted on this Forum are of a general nature only. Because it is not possible to have all of the facts of your issue addressed in this forum, you should consult with an attorney to review the unique circumstances specific to your situation.

  6. These folks can help you: Rape Crisis Inc (Crisis Intervention Service) located in Little Rock, Arkansas. Call them at (501)-663-3334

    Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics