Should I report my landlords???

Calvert, TX |

I moved into a house in April 2013 and everything looked good but once winter came is when things changed. I rearrange my living room to accommodate my Christmas tree and this is when I noticed black spots along the wall. I did a little research to see what it was and it looked like mold so I took pictures and sent then to the landlord. I asked if it could be fixed because I didn't want to put my health or that of my unborn baby at risk and she told me they would treat it hit that it would return and I should move out.the husband told me he's aware of this issue and his wife,a realtor, never disclosed this info to me. Should I take them to court for this b/c I am rushing to find a house in a very short time while paying rent still??

You need damages to sue. You will need to quantify your damages, have all the evidence ready, then you could sue. Consult with a local attorney.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum.

You might want to consult the property code to the extent it deals with matters concerning health and safety. It could give you claims.

Recommended articles about Real estate