Skip to main content

Should i put my name when i was still not married in question C?I already submitted the form and put "None".what to do?

San Diego, CA |

I filled N400..

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Don't worry about it now. This is not important.
    You'll have the opportunity to amend your answer at the interview, prior to being placed under oath. All you'll have to do, prior to being placed under oath, is to point out to the officer that you'd like to correct one entry on the N-400, namely, question C in section..

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Hello,

    I agree with Mr. Behar that it is best to wait until your interview and then let the officer know that you need to make a change/correction at that time. Additional information or documentation submitted when it is not directly requested by the Immigration Service often does not get placed in the file. The interview is the best time/place to make certain the information on your form is corrected accurately.

    Best wishes,

    Ms. Doerrie's answer to your question is general in nature, as not all facts and circumstances relating to the specific person(s) and situations involved are known to her. Ms. Doerrie recommends consulting with an immigration attorney regarding your specific facts and circumstances prior to making any legal decision or submitting any form or application. This response does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship.

  3. I agree with my two esteemed colleagues.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics