Should I put in the form FL 142, ( number 5 and 6 ) the savings accounts and checking where I am with my son?

Marina Del Rey, CA |

I'm in the process of divorce in california and I'm filling out the form FL 142. I would like to know if in section 5 and 6 which says savings and checking accounts should I put the accounts that I'm with my son as beneficiary. my son has a bank account and I'm second in his account, I should reference these bank accounts?

Also, I would like to know if my soon ex-husband will have Access to these forms that I'm filling the form Fl- 142 and FL-150? ie can he see all my information?

Thanks

You definitely need to disclose the accounts that you have with your son as beneficiary. If the other account is your son's account, and contains money that he put in that account (as opposed to money that you put in that account), you likely don't need to list it - but I'm unclear what you mean when you say "I'm second in his account", so my answer could change based on what you mean by that statement. You don't file the FL-142. You need to have the FL-150 and FL-142 served on your spouse.by mail by someone other than you over the age of 18. Thus, he will see all the information that you put in the FL-150 and FL142. There are penalties for inaccurate disclosure or failure to disclose.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You only need to list accounts that you hold jointly. I would also recommend that you make a notation that they are joint accounts.

Yes, your ex is entitled to this information.