Should I pursue this case. I have a small scar above my lip and recurrent nose infection courtesy of Starbucks.

Asked about 2 years ago - Augusta, GA

I was sitting at the drive thru window at Starbucks awaiting my order and according to the two employees statement to the police. They stated they were horsing around inside and whatever they were throwing at each other flew out the drive thru window and hit me dead in my face. I was sitting there bleeding and had a cut on the edge of the inside of my nose and above my lip. Now I have nightmares to this day and never went back. This negligence left me with a scar above my lip. Thanks Starbucks!

1. Robert Bruce Kopelson

7

Answered . Consult a local injury lawyer right away. Sounds like you have a case, and if the scar is permanent and visible, enough damages to make case worth pursuing.

2. Kenneth Lee LaBore

Pro

6

Answered . You may have a claim. It depends on how bad your scar is to estimate the value.

I recommend you consult with a local personal injury attorney.

3. George Costas Andriotis

6

Answered . Sounds like you may have a case depending on the size and location of the scar.

Pro

6

Answered . Yes. Retain personal injury lawyer to get you compensation. Find one with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

4

Answered . If their employees caused a permanent scar, then it is worth pursuing. Call Peter Ross at 404-812-4300 tomorrow to discuss your case.

6. Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

5

Answered . It is not a big claim, but it is a claim.
    At least give yourself the benefit of a legal consultation.
    Good luck! I wish you the best.

7. Richard H. Goolsby

Pro

3

Answered . We also recommend that you call an Augusta law firm to discuss all your rights and options.

8. Joseph Raymond Neal Jr.

2

Answered . I will take your case. I am from Augusta and have litigated personal injury cases there for people like you for 17 years. Call me at 706-829-6229. See my website at www.neal-law.com

9. Timothy Leo Bowden

3

Answered . Call a local injury attorney.

Tim

10. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  11. David Thomas Dorer

Answered . You do have a case against the individual employees and against starbucks directly under vicarious liability principles of respondeat superior. You should consult a personal injury attorney, ideally one with experience with the various forms of recovery for premises liability as well as general negligence, right away.