Should I pursue this case. I have a small scar above my lip and recurrent nose infection courtesy of Starbucks.

Augusta, GA |

I was sitting at the drive thru window at Starbucks awaiting my order and according to the two employees statement to the police. They stated they were horsing around inside and whatever they were throwing at each other flew out the drive thru window and hit me dead in my face. I was sitting there bleeding and had a cut on the edge of the inside of my nose and above my lip. Now I have nightmares to this day and never went back. This negligence left me with a scar above my lip. Thanks Starbucks!

1. Consult a local injury lawyer right away. Sounds like you have a case, and if the scar is permanent and visible, enough damages to make case worth pursuing.

2. You may have a claim. It depends on how bad your scar is to estimate the value.

I recommend you consult with a local personal injury attorney.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

3. Sounds like you may have a case depending on the size and location of the scar.

4. It is not a big claim, but it is a claim.
    At least give yourself the benefit of a legal consultation.
    Good luck! I wish you the best.

5. If their employees caused a permanent scar, then it is worth pursuing. Call Peter Ross at 404-812-4300 tomorrow to discuss your case.

6. Call a local injury attorney.

Tim

7. Yes. Retain personal injury lawyer to get you compensation. Find one with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

8. We also recommend that you call an Augusta law firm to discuss all your rights and options.

9. I will take your case. I am from Augusta and have litigated personal injury cases there for people like you for 17 years. Call me at 706-829-6229. See my website at www.neal-law.com

10. You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

11. You do have a case against the individual employees and against starbucks directly under vicarious liability principles of respondeat superior. You should consult a personal injury attorney, ideally one with experience with the various forms of recovery for premises liability as well as general negligence, right away.

Answers to questions does not create an attorney/client relationship. I only am your attorney if I have entered into a written contract, signed by me, wherein I expressly assent to be your attorney. Nothing I post should be construed as legal advice to be acted upon, it is merely a legal opinion.