Skip to main content

Should I pursue legal action with a personal injury consultant?

Chester, PA |

I was at a get together 2 nights ago. Standing outside on the balcony I was confronted by another man. This man told me I had stolen his property and begun to beat the s*** out of me. He applied such force that I threw up, forcing a retainer (this puts 2 more teeth in my mouth) out of mouth onto the ground below. He also threw several punches and knees to my face along with other general battery. When he finally finished I told him to check for it because I don't have it. 5 minutes later he came back and apologized...barely. After they began to force me to leave... Well I had to still find my 700$ retainer outside on the ground. I was searching for about 10 minutes before the man who assaulted me picked me up and carried me to my car he then continued to smash in my parents car windshield

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Report this to the police. See a dentist for your retainer and consult with your doctor about other injuries. Speak with a personal injury lawyer locally.Report the windshield damage to your insurance if you have comprehensive. More about the facts and circumstances surrounding the fight and who hit you are important but should not be posted here.

    The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

  2. Duplicate question, see the first one for answers.

    The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

  3. If you can prove he did it, and he has assets, based on the info provided, yes. Seek a consult with an experienced personal injury attorney asap. Good luck.

    The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

  4. Hopefully you called the police and sought medical treatment. If you were seriously injured you can file suit against him. Call a local attorney who does personal injury litigation and schedule a consultation. Good luck with it.

    The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.

  5. The first question is was this reported to the police? You may be able to get help with your out of pocket losses from the Crime Victims' Compensation Board. Applications are available on line. You can also work with the victim's advocate to get a restitution order.
    You can also sue the person that committed the battery. However, collection may be an issue. I wonder what went on with your host. Perhaps there is liability and insurance there.
    In the meantime, it sounds like no one helped you or called the police. I would suggest that you find new friends and do not associate with any of these people again. A ,lawyer may be willing to look into this angle.

    This answer contains general information only; and it is not intended as legal advice. It is not intended to and does not create an attorney client relationship. Information contained here is only a starting point and you should consider discussing your specific problem in depth with a licensed attorney.

  6. Yes. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee within a couple miles of your home. Good luck.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics