Should I plead not guilty for a traffic ticket?

Flushing, NY |

I received a ticket for making a left when the sign said I shouldn't have although as I received the ticket 4 other cars violated the same sign and I asked the officer if they will receive ticket also but he responded no since he said he was busy with me but his partner wasn't doing anything and also witnessed the violations. Am I able to fight this ticket since the officers decided to ignore the other vehicles?

1. The fact that other drivers were not cited is not a defense.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. It is absolutely worth fighting and we can win it. All we do is traffic ticket defense and we can even go to court for you so you do not have to.

3. Selective enforcement is not a defense. You admitted you committed the violation.

4. Plea not guilty and hire a lawyer, like myself, to fight it for you and you won't have to go to Court