Should I plead guilty or not guilty on my speeding ticket?

Asked about 1 year ago - Rush, NY

It is my first offense, I have never been pulled over before.I had been driving a total of 14 hours in the past 2 days and was 20 minutes from my house when I was pulled over for 80 in a 65. The state officer was very nice and told me I should try to get it reduced to a non moving violation. He didn't really explain how I do this though. I called the town court and she said I might be able to go to court tonight but I am not sure what I am supposed to do there. I leave the state in a few days and want this cleared up before then, with little or no points on my insurance.

1. Joseph Paul Petito

Pro

7

Answered . Plead not guilty. They will then give you a date to meet with the town attorney to negotiate a disposition.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

5

Answered . Best bet is to get an attorney to fight this for you.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

4

Answered . First step is contact a local traffic court attorney before you do anything.

4. Adam Domenick Rumschlag

5

Answered . Contact a local traffic attorney immediately. You can always fight a ticket.